Are you a people person?
If so, we want you on our team. People like talking to you. You’re a problem solver, self-starter, and keen negotiator. You understand that good customer relationships are vital for business. You make a great first impression. People like working with you because you’re reliable, energetic, and most of all, fun. If this is you, we’d love to meet you.
The Professional Information Business (PIB) at Dow Jones plays a critical role in the delivery of key B2B
products in order to be the power behind global businesses. We are a truly global business with a significant proportion of our customer base coming from outside the US. We provide information, data and analytics to help support and drive our customers key business decisions, and protect their organizations from risk. The PIB business is broken into three customer focused verticals to solve for user solutions: Knowledge & Insight, News Alerts & Data, and Risk & Compliance. These business units are continually looking to develop innovative new products that will further serve our customer needs.
The Product Analyst is an analytical role that requires intellectual curiosity, a strong bias to action and a
passion for solving enterprise problems with data & technology. Accountable to the Head of Product Strategy, the Product Analyst will responsible for supporting the flawless execution of a market driven approach to product development.
This hands-on role requires commercial acumen, analytical skills, exemplary communication and the ability to work across organizational boundaries. The ideal candidate combines their strong analytical and consulting skills, voice of customer, marketplace and competition to identify how to exploit Dow Jones’ underlying data platform and datasets to deliver business outcomes and growth opportunities for Risk & Compliance customers and partners.
• Support the execution of the product and go to market strategy including analysis and research underpinning the vision, goals and initiatives. Facilitate the capture and synthesis of voice of customer ideas and creation of value propositions.
• Support analysis of the products within Risk & Compliance portfolio to drive engagement, usage and
• Work in conjunction with Technology, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Policy and Pricing and Data Strategy
stakeholders to govern and facilitate the execution of technical and commercial solutions and deliverables. Ensure alignment with these groups.
• Develop the integrated product and go to market plan (using) in collaboration with Technology, Marketing,
Sales, Operations, Policy and Pricing and Data Strategy to ensure flawless delivery.
• Report the performance of customer lifecycle metrics across lead generation, sales, adoption, usage and
satisfaction and govern initiatives to optimize.
• Gather feedback directly from our customers or via commissioned surveys or research and use this to develop value propositions, product strategy and roadmap.
• Act as product subject matter expert providing internal stakeholders with the advice, documentation, and
training necessary to increase sales, customer retention and advocacy. This includes providing hands-on
support to the sales teams for customer meetings.
• Ensure our customers, partners and key internal and external stakeholders are kept up-to-date on our
activities. Also ensure that all communication produced about the business is correct and engaging.
• Own UAT, engaging all relevant groups across the business to complete and sign off testing prior to
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience in product management and market analysis
• Experience in go to market execution including customer lifecycle optimization
• Experience with technical project or delivery management
• Experience with and strong working knowledge of XML
• Demonstrates sound commercial acumen and the ability to develop business cases and plans
• Demonstrates excellent communication, influencing, and presentation skills
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Demonstrates excellent analytical, research, organizational and planning skills
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent
practical experience preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: RISK & COMPLIANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com