Are you a people person?
If so, we want you on our team. People like talking to you. You’re a problem solver, self-starter, and keen negotiator. You understand that good customer relationships are vital for business. You make a great first impression. People like working with you because you’re reliable, energetic, and most of all, fun. If this is you, we’d love to meet you.
The Associate Director, Advertising Operations is a key member of the Strategic
Planning & Delivery team, responsible for managing campaign delivery and identifying
improvements (process, training and system development) that impact our ability to
recognize revenue from sold campaigns (including display, video, mobile and native ad
types). This person will manage a global team of traffickers, ensuring excellent and
timely delivery of campaigns.
● Ensure clients and partners, as well as internal sales teams, are receiving
first-class customer support
● Work ensure maximum booked revenue is recognized while campaign
objectives are consistently exceeded
● Lead, motivate and encourage a dedicated global ad ops team under
tremendous time pressures
● Work in collaboration with all other Strategic Planning & Delivery teams to
outline requirements, ad specs and QA new ad products as needed; work with
various internal teams to launch new advertising products
● Have full knowledge of all ad products available on the site and offsite (AMP,
FBIA, Apple News, etc) including specs, site functionality, general availability
and performance of ad units
● Proactively present new features and functionality to management in order to
keep pace with industry trends and business objectives
● Proactively troubleshoot delivery and technical issues to ensure revenue
recognition. Field and coordinate resolution of issues and escalations.
● Ensure quality assurance, review, test and schedule campaigns in one or
several third-party ad server platforms as needed
● Communicate technical issues (both verbal and written) in a manner that is
easy for a non-technical audience to understand
● Offer full support for escalated issues where customer needs the comfort of
knowing they have individuals who can assist them on a more personal level
● Provide training (troubleshooting delivery issues, inventory management,
understanding delivery priorities, optimization of campaigns, ad products, etc.)
to Sales and Sales Operations as needed
● Additional ad hoc projects as requested
Skills and Experience
● Minimum 5 years experience working within Ad Operations
● Ad serving/ad technology experience, including but not limited to DFP,
SSPs/DSPs, Nativo, AdJuster, Operative.One, etc
● Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting
tight deadlines under pressure
● Strong customer focus – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and
● Willing and able to collaborate across boundaries to get work done and drive
● Robust analytical abilities and quantitative skills
● Exceptional relationship management, communication and process design
● Extensive working knowledge of advertising sales and operations workflow and
● Strong knowledge of advertising campaign metrics and research technologies
● Strong experience working in Excel and Internet technologies required
● Comfort and experience with a fast paced technology environment
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com