Dow Jones Global Real Estate & Workplace Evolution (GRE & WE) creates and maintains an inspiring office portfolio of engaging, effective, and evolving employee experiences and workplace offerings for Dow Jones.
Dow Jones GRE & WE seeks a Regional Leader to oversee EMEA workplace, real estate operations, customer relationship management and cross-functional partnerships throughout our regional portfolio. As the Regional Leader you will also be responsible for people management, talent development, succession planning, process improvement and operational excellence.
This will be a Director level role and will be based in London or Barcelona. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our two dozen offices across the EMEA region.
You will be accountable for driving best practices, ensuring our service catalog is developed with clear SLA’s and KPI’s, which should be measurable and performance managed. You will also work in alignment with your regional peers, as well as News Corp to ensure enterprise excellence and consistent best practices.You will report into the Senior Vice President, Head of GRE & WE, who is based in New York.
● Conduct regular EMEA real estate portfolio review to ensure office and workplace strategy align with business and enterprise objectives
● Participate in projects to refresh existing offices, work with various partners to acquire new office space, including work with primary representatives of the business to understand their needs, site search criteria, aid in elements of office design, aid in creation of RFPs and contractor selection, partner with the Project Delivery team in support of construction administration for office fit-out projects, work with the local BU champions / stakeholders during staff and office moves, reinstatement and handover of old offices, when applicable.
● Administer health and safety requirements across the EMEA offices, working with service providers, internal stakeholders and the Global Security department. ● Ensure appropriate service levels for Dow Jones EMEA offices, and Manage Service Office providers.
● Set up compliant health and safety policies. Gather information for corporate insurance requirements. Work with office managers across the EMEA to fulfill office needs. ● Manage the office managers and contract receptionists for various EMEA offices.
● Provide budget input on occupancy costs and capital projects, as required. ● -Partner with Facilities Operations and / or Landlords to ensure vendors carry out regular repair & maintenance works.
● Comfortable supporting and driving -transformational workplace change, employee adoption, and presenting workplace services as a value-add in support of Dow Jones. ● Support the Americas real estate portfolio as workload, bandwidth timezone differential permits.
● 10+ years of Corporate Real Estate, Facilities and Workplace experience overseeing operations within the region.
● Experience in real estate strategy, transaction management, portfolio & site strategy investment prioritization, business case development, facilities services support, capital planning in alignment business objectives, and working with various external real estate and facilities supply chain partners to deliver an effective and engaging workplace experience.
● Experience working in a corporate setting, with the curiosity to understand a company with a broad variety of business units with differing office space and hybrid workplace needs.
● Terrific interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic personality, to aid in forging bonds of trust with your internal customers, contributing to our Future of Work/Workplace Evolution strategy, and ensuring strategic advisory services that enable Dow Jones employees to deliver the best work of their careers.
● 7+ years of People Management experience and talent development, leading and inspiring diverse perspectives throughout a regional portfolio.
● Facilities management experience and ability to read/translate architectural and engineering drawings.
● Accountable for managing regional Operations budget, assisting with CapEx planning process and forecasting, ability to balance business demand within set budgets allocated.
● Experience with office health and safety administration is required.
● The role involves travel across the region, sometimes at short notice. Travel is a regular part of the role, comprising up to 20% of work hours.
● Good interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality will be important aids to success in the role, which has a large element of customer service.
● Experience understanding and manipulating portfolio data, and translating into a consumable executive presentation/business case is required.
● Ability to create real estate business case proposals, including financial analysis, stay vs go evaluations, market comparisons, and value propositions.
● Experience working in a multinational corporate setting is preferred.
● Proficiency in AutoCAD is an advantage.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE - WORKPLACE
Job Category: Facilities Group
Non-Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34021