Position Title: Operations Manager, R&C
Department: Business Management & Product Strategy
Functional Area: Product
Reports to: Head of Product Management
Position Summary Statement
This is a new role, with accountability for managing the various audit projects for Dow Jones Risk & Compliance namely ISAE 3000 and ISO 27001
● Delivery of the annual ISAE 3000 including the following tasks:
Audit Controls - defining, working with owners to gather and analyze evidence and primary contact with PwC.
Report - writing the report with input from Data Strategy, working with PwC and the Design team and securing the necessary approvals
Related activities - agreeing on SoW with PwC, creating the PO and handling invoices via SAP, working with Customer Service to post and distribute the report, writing the press release with input from Corporate Communications, liaising with Marketing on the landing page and other announcements/comms. October is the preferred release month.
Sanctions Database Comparison - working with PwC and DS on the annual alias comparison for key sanctions lists, reviewing the report and distributing it to internal stakeholders.
● Delivery of the annual Data Quality report including the following tasks:
Report - writing the report with input from Data Strategy, working with the Design team and securing the necessary approvals
Related activities - working with Customer Service to post and distribute the report (in tandem with the ISAE report), writing the press release with input from Corporate
Communications, liaising with Marketing on the landing page and other announcements/comms. October is the preferred release month.
● Delivery of the new ISO 27001 certification including similar tasks (Controls, Reporting etc…) to the above by coordinating across departments including close collaboration with the Dow Jones InfoSec team, external consultants.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
● Successful track record of managing projects/programs of real or remote teams while providing
oversight of geographically dispersed projects.
● Ability to implement programs to increase efficiency of operations.
● Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of global audiences in writing and speech.
● Success in managing projects/programs from inception to completion through effective
communication, collaboration, shared goals, and trust
● Highly reliable, responsible, and accountable for group and individual goals.
● Strategic leadership and willingness to innovate.
● Keen problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and
make timely decisions that benefit both the customer and the business.
● Ability to work to tight deadlines and high quality standards.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - CUSTOMER SERVICE
Job Category: Production Group
Req ID: 29854