Are you a people person?
If so, we want you on our team. People like talking to you. You’re a problem solver, self-starter, and keen negotiator. You understand that good customer relationships are vital for business. You make a great first impression. People like working with you because you’re reliable, energetic, and most of all, fun. If this is you, we’d love to meet you.
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million
customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the
arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of
business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering
operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12
editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and
video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating
distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow
Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one.
In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing
valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and
PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience
support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance,
experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona,
Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage
for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center
operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service
Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
Based in: Barcelona
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
● The Customer Service Team Leader is responsible for helping to lead the team to ensure all
customers receive superior service appropriate to their audience for Dow Jones consumer
products. The Customer Service Team Leader has a responsibility to ensure that customers are
satisfied and remain loyal to Dow Jones and that the department's mandated service levels are
● Act as primary management contact for Customer Service when the CS Supervisor is not
● Assist with and monitor activities of staff including recruiting, scheduling, coaching, training,
retraining and performance management to develop an effective team with a strong customer
● Assist with scheduling and staffing needs to maintain or exceed service levels objectives
● Conduct telephone, e-mail, and web chat monitoring for staff and provide feedback for
development purposes and to ensure accurate and timely support
● Share information with staff, review team progress, and establish relationships with other teams
to improve the knowledge base, reduce time on escalated inquiries, etc.
● Share information and work with other Customer Service teams
● Work with Dow Jones internal partners to ensure that customer contacts are resolved quickly and
correctly. Support sales teams, as applicable
● Generate ideas that streamline processes and reduce manual work and quicken customer service
operations with the goal of improving the customer experience
● Identify trends and develop and implement plans for improvement to ensure required customer
● Develop a cohesive and informed team through contribution to regular staff meetings and team
● Make preparations for new hires, including new hire training, job shadowing schedules, along with
introduction to Dow Jones, our products and services
● Manage activities for system issues
● Provide high level telephone and e-support on the complete Dow Jones product suite by assisting
customers with product navigation and content queries, providing research advice, answering
billing/account administration questions, and offering first line technical support
● Handle customer contacts, as business needs dictate
● Tackle special projects, as needed
● Experience in a customer service organization in support of high-end products and high value
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Experience supporting applications in a web environment
● Ability to train/coach team members on new/existing Dow Jones products/services/job
● Ability to schedule work and implement work assignment adjustments to meet changing work
priorities and ensure goal fulfilment
● Ability to assimilate complex product knowledge and identify appropriate solutions to solve
● Ability to build and develop relationships with others to assess needs, identify and solve
● Oral and written communication skills with ability to explain complex ideas at a level
appropriate to the audience using ideas/terminology to ensure customer understanding and
resolution of enquiries
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ - CUSTOMER GROUP
Job Category: Customer Service Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com