Are you a people person?
If so, we want you on our team. People like talking to you. You’re a problem solver, self-starter, and keen negotiator. You understand that good customer relationships are vital for business. You make a great first impression. People like working with you because you’re reliable, energetic, and most of all, fun. If this is you, we’d love to meet you.
The role of the Due Diligence Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources. The editor is also required to provide training/mentoring and leadership to other Research Editors in the wider Data Strategy research team when necessary, and ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
The Research Editor will work closely with the Due Diligence Quality Analysts and the Manager, who are responsible for delivering the Due Diligence reports and ensuring the quality of output by the research team in Barcelona, London, Princeton, Shanghai and Singapore.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team and their fellow researchers to ensure that the reports and daily updates meet client requirements in terms of content quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness by establishing and monitoring standards. They will also contribute to the tools, data, audits and guidelines that will support each member of the team to produce the highest quality data possible.
The Research Editor may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects from time to time, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
We are looking for talented professionals to fill a vacancy in our Barcelona office
• Fluency in English AND in at least one of the following: French, Farsi, Portuguese, Nordic languages. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
• Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
• Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence is a significant advantage.
• Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones’s service obligations to its clients
• Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Library skills a plus
• Strong editing and proofreading skills. Prior experience in research or editorial role an advantage
• Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word, and good keyboard skills
• Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
• Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
• Ability to adapt readily to changing customer requirements, positive outlook on change, self-motivated and flexible
• Ability to prioritise and excellent time-management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work, willingness to take ownership of tasks and issues and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion
• Understanding of when to request assistance or escalate issues to a manager
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ideally educated to degree level
• Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics; understanding of economics
• Specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DATA STRATEGY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com