Are you a people person?
If so, we want you on our team. People like talking to you. You’re a problem solver, self-starter, and keen negotiator. You understand that good customer relationships are vital for business. You make a great first impression. People like working with you because you’re reliable, energetic, and most of all, fun. If this is you, we’d love to meet you.
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million
customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the
arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of
business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering
operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12
editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and
video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating
distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow
Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one.
In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing
valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and
PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience
support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance,
experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona,
Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage
for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center
operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service
Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
Based in: Princeton, NJ/Barcelona/Hong Kong
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
● Provide high-level telephone and e-support on Dow Jones suite of products and services by
answering our global customer queries concerning billing/account administration, pricing,
content, product navigation, and delivery
● Retain Dow Jones customers and increase customer loyalty while projecting a professional,
efficient and positive approach
● Ensure all opportunities for retention and cross-selling are identified and maximized
● Strong ability to overcome objections and enthusiastically resolve customers'' concerns while
consistently providing superior levels of customer service
● Ensure all relevant procedures are followed from beginning to resolution
● Must meet retention goals set by the company and ensure all key performance key indicators are
● Actively seek out opportunities for self-improvement, keeping up with new product trainings and
● Make independent decisions to resolve customer issues with strong problem solving and
● Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and
● Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and
reliability over the phone
● Ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional and
● Sound judgement and a commitment to customer satisfaction with the ability to build and
develop relationships to identify problems, assess needs, and find solutions
● Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an often busy and intense environment
● Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technical systems and applications
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web browsing
● Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
● Ability to follow a large set of procedural guidelines to a very high accuracy level and adjust to
changes when required
● Positive outlook on change and flexible approach to team-based work environment and structure
● Desire to grow with the company
● College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com